MQ Technical Conference. September 2014. Powerpoint presentation.
“IBM MQ – SSL & TLS – A User Perspective“ (58 slides).
The presentation provides an overview of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS) processing and the lifecycle of x.509 certificates within these protocols. The presentation covers the following points:
- Business challenge that SSL/TLS address
- SSL/TLS History (what it was and was not designed for)
- Overview of x.509 certificate contents
- The x.509 certificate management lifecycle
- The certificate lifecycle, illustrated using the IBM iKeyMan tool
By the end of the presentation, the viewer should have a conceptual understanding of both SSL/TLS encryption across MQ channels as well as the lifecycle and management of the certificates that support that encryption.